Patrons with Disabilities
The University's policy and federal law call for reasonable accommodations to be made on an individual and flexible basis for patrons with disabilities. It is, however, incumbent upon the individual to seek assistance and make his/her needs known. The Harrison Libraries are wheelchair accessible.
The following services and facilities are available at the Harrison Libraries:
- Two Talkman tape players are available through the Circulation department. They are designed for playing four track tapes, the format of books on tape for the blind.
- Materials will be paged from the stacks as soon as possible. Requests will be taken by telephone as well as in person.
- By appointment, the Reference department will work with patrons with disabilities needing extensive assistance with computerized research tools.
- Photocopying will be done on request for patrons with disabilities, with a 24-hour (or next open day) turn around time. The patron will be responsible for copying costs.
- The computer lab in Mortensen Library is wheelchair accessible.
- Lower level rest rooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Service dogs are allowed in the libraries.