Guests from the general community are welcome to use the Harrison Libraries. Below are general guidelines for guest usage of the libraries. See the posted Guest Policy.
- Visitors may purchase a Guest Borrower card with limited privileges for an annual fee of $50.
- Alternatively, visitors wishing to borrow Harrison Libraries materials should use Interlibrary Loan through the individual's local public library.
- Guest Borrowers are subject to standard library fees for overdue materials including a $15.00 nonrefundable processing fee in addition to the replacement cost of any materials 45 days overdue.
- Interlibrary Services are not available to Guest Borrowers.
- See Borrowing and Renewing for Mortensen or Allen.
- Guest Borrowers and visitors may receive general reference help.
- Guest Borrowers and visitors may receive only limited assistance during high-demand periods.
- See Reference Assistance and Access.
- Due to licensing restrictions, most electronic databases may be used only within the Libraries.
- An online Research Tutorial provides an introduction to using basic sources in the Libraries.
Photocopying and Copy Cards
- Desktop computers are available in both libraries and may be used to do research using Library resources such as the Catalog and Databases.
- Guest Borrowers and visitors may access the Internet and connect to email. When all computers are in use, you may be asked to give up your computer to current University students.
- See Computers, Laptops and Wireless
- Copy cards may be purchased at the HawkCASH terminal in the Mortensen Library or in the ID building outside the Gengras Student Union for $1, and then money may be added onto the card in increments of $1.
- See Printing.
See Non-University Groups for further information.