- As part of the requirements for graduation, Doctor of Education (EdD) students must submit a paper copy AND an electronic copy of their dissertation to the University Libraries.
- The paper copy required will be bound and retained by the library. Students may submit additional paper copies to be bound at this time if they wish to obtain bound copies for their academic department, for their advisor(s), or for personal use.
- The electronic copy required will be published/microfilmed by ProQuest/UMI, and must be submitted to the library via ProQuest/UMI’s ETD Administrator website.
The following is a checklist of items that must be received by the library in order for your dissertation submission to be considered complete:
A minimum of one (1) paper copy of your dissertation. This copy MUST meet the format and printing requirements listed on our Binding Process web page.
A completed copy of the Binding Form.
Payment for the binding process:
- Payment should be made via check or money order payable to Mortensen Library.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept credit/debit card payments.
Confirmation from ProQuest/UMI that you've submitted your dissertation electronically via their ETD Administrator website. Please see the Electronic Submission Process page for instructions.
Office Hours and Location
Theses, essays, and dissertations that meet all library and departmental requirements should be brought to Melanee Van Haelen at Mortensen Library's Resource and Metadata Services Department.
- The Metadata Services Department is on the lower level of the library and is the third door on the right at the bottom of the stairs.
- Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday.
Contact Melanee Van Haelen for additional information.