While anyone can take a course in the Presidents' College, many people sign up as Fellows and thus become active members of the Presidents' College community. The open and supportive atmosphere not only enriches knowledge but also encourages friendships as Fellows meet in classes and lectures and enjoy special events.
A Presidents' College ID card allows library privileges, parking, and savings on other events:
- Significant discounts on all Presidents' College events – including courses, Tuesdays at Duncaster, Fellows Lectures, and other activities.
- Full borrowing privileges at the University of Hartford libraries.
- Invitations to campus events, including the University's Distinguished Visiting Lecturers Program, the Hartt School's numerous programs in the performing arts, and programs in the visual arts provided by the Hartford Art School.
- Eligibility for membership in the University's Sports Center with facilities for tennis, swimming, and a fully-equipped gym.
- Full access to University facilities, including the 1877 Club for luncheons, the Performing Arts Center for theatre and dance, the University Bookstore, and the Lincoln Theater.
The membership fee for the academic year is $100. Fill out a Registration Form to register by mail or fax.