The mission of the Presidents' College is to create an extended community of thinking people dedicated to the importance of the life of the mind. By offering a wide range of activities, the Presidents' College allows its participants to explore significant topics at a high intellectual level under the guidance of university-level faculty. The Presidents' College extends the University of Hartford's educational mission by engaging the adult population of its surrounding communities in the intellectual life of the campus, thus building significant connections between them and the University.
If you have attended a Presidents' College course, please fill out an Evaluation Form.
Presidents' College Activities at a Glance and Frequently Asked Question.
STILL TIME TO REGISTER FOR THESE CLASSES:
- Back to the Future: The New Great Game with Russ Hoyle
Dates: Wed., May 27; Fri., May 29; Mon., June 1
Time: 2–3:30 p.m.
- Pat Cremins Lecture: Searching for the American Dream in Frog Hollow
with Susan Campbell
Date: Tues., June 2
Time: 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Location: 1877 Club
- Jazz - The Art Form and Its Icons with Javon Jackson
Dates: Mon.-Fri., June 8-12
Time: 2-3:30 p.m.
- Our Bodies, Ourselves: Reproductive Rights on Film with Fiona Mills
Dates: Mon., Wed., Fri., June 8, 10, 12
Time: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Thomas Jefferson and Edward Coles: Integrity in the Individual Life and the Mean of "Greatness" with Richard Voigt
Dates: Tues., June 9; Thurs., June 11; Tues., June 16
Time: 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m
Librarian Chat is currently unavailable. Please contact us at:
or submit questions online through Ask A Librarian.