The mission of the Presidents' College is to create an extended community of thinking people dedicated to the importance of the life of the mind. By offering a wide range of activities, the Presidents' College allows its participants to explore significant topics at a high intellectual level under the guidance of university-level faculty. The Presidents' College extends the University of Hartford's educational mission by engaging the adult population of its surrounding communities in the intellectual life of the campus, thus building significant connections between them and the University.
If you have attended a Presidents' College course, please fill out an Evaluation Form.
Presidents' College Activities at a Glance and Frequently Asked Question..
Still time to register for:
Save the Date: Symposium—Oct. 4; 9:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
- The Art of the Book—Jenni Freidman
Fri., Sept. 11, 18, 25; 10:30 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Japanese Art and Culture—Sherry Buckberrough, Hiro Fukawa, and colleagues
Mon., Sept. 21, 28; Oct. 5, 12, 19; 3–4:30 p.m.
- Recent Fiction: The Booker Prize Book Club—Michele Troy
Tues., Sept. 22, 29; Oct. 6, 13; 2–3:30 p.m.
- The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America—Russ Hoyle
Thurs., Sept. 24; Oct. 1, 8; 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- More of West Hartford’s Hidden History—Jennifer DiCola Matos and colleagues
Thurs., Sept. 24; Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22; 2–3:30 p.m.
- Africa: A Continent, Not a Country—Adryan Wallace
Mon., Sept. 28;, Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26; 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- A Round-up of the U.S. Supreme Court’s 2014 Term—Jilda Aliotta
Tues., Sept. 29; Oct. 6, 20, 27; 5:30–7 p.m. No meeting on Oct. 13.
- The Gothic Cathedral—David Simon
Wed., Sept. 30; Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28; 2–3:30 p.m.
- Nicholas Nickleby on Page and Stage—Catherine Stevenson
Fri., Oct. 2, 9, 16, 30; 1:30–3 p.m. No meeting on Oct. 23.