Listening on Your Mobile Device
Naxos Music Library has free apps for iPhone, iPad, and iTouch at http://www.apple.com/itunes/ and for Android through Google Play on your phone or tablet. Search "NML" or "Naxos."
Download the app to your phone, then set up mobile access. To do this you will need to create a (free) personal account in Naxos Music Library:
If you receive this error message,
- First, get into Naxos Music Library through the Allen Library's (or University Libraries') web page. (It will NOT work if you Google Naxos's generic site.) If you are off campus, you will be asked to log in with your university email login and password.
- Click on Playlist (in the toolbar under the search box), then click Sign Up (in the Student / Members Playlists bar). If you already have a personal account, just click Log In.
- Create personal playlist(s) in Naxos Music Library if desired (optional).
- Log out when you're done. Now you have a personal account, and you won't have to repeat the above steps.
- On your mobile device, log into the NML or Naxos Music Library app using the personal account that you created. You can browse private and shared playlists or type a search.
- The iTunes app requires iOS 3.0 or later.
Your access to the NML mobile app has been temporarily deactivated because you haven't logged in to your NML Member Playlist account through your institution's access point in some time.
Follow these steps:
Classical Music Library and Jazz Music Library allow you to listen to your mobile device using two methods. Either method allows you to also access your playlists as usual.
- Go to Naxos Music Library through the Allen Library's (or University Libraries') web page. (It will NOT work if you Google Naxos's generic site.) If you are off campus, you will be asked to log in with your university email login and password.
- Click on Playlist (in the toolbar under the search box), then click Log In.
- Go back to your Naxos app, and your access should be restored. Contact Allen Library staff if you need further help.
Method 1: in your smart phone web browser, go to the Allen Library web page. Click the link for one of the databases. (You can also just click one of the links above.) You will be asked to enter your university email login and password. You will be able to access a simplified mobile version of the selected site.
Tips: when logging in, click Done (instead of Go), then click Login or Submit on the actual web page. Also, once logged in, using the Home icon may break your login connection; instead, use your browser's back button to return to the database's home page. In Dance in Video, you will not be able to create new excerpted clips; do this on a regular computer.
Method 2: send track links to mobile devices. (Links are active for 48 hours.) You can also access your playlists. Here's how to set up a selection on your mobile device:
- When using Classical Music Library or Jazz Music Library on a computer, look for a cell phone icon ( "Send-to-Mobile") next to each title.
- Click on the link to get a "shortlink" to send on your mobile device. (This enables playback.)
- You can email or text message the link to your device, type it in, or scan it using a QR code (a special barcode readable by smart phone cameras).
- When listening to audio on a mobile device, you will need a 3G data connection or better. Service is available for Apple iPhone or Mobile Device with Android OS.
Need help? Allen Library staff are available to assist!