Allen — Find Reserves
Reserve items are for in-library use only. There is a $5.00 per item per day fee for materials taken from the library.
- All electronic reserves for Hartt School courses, including both audio and text files, are available through Blackboard.
- A University email account is required for access to electronic reserves.
- Hardcopy reserves are available in the Allen Library. These items do not circulate outside of the library and can generally be used for four (4) hours.
- To obtain hardcopy reserves, use either the Reserves Binder found at the Allen Library Circulation Desk, or search for them in the Allen - Hardcopy Reserves List. When you know the call numbers of the desired items, give those numbers to the desk worker, who will retrieve the reserves items for you.
- A University ID is required to borrow reserve materials.
- Patrons who make use of electronic reserve materials should be aware of copyright law issues since those who use this system are liable for any infringement.
How to Submit Allen Reserves (Faculty)
Published materials placed on reserve are protected by the United States Copyright Act of 1976. All reproductions made by or for patrons with University affiliation must be for non-commercial educational use as defined by the "fair use" provisions of sections 107 and 108 of the Copyright Act. Users may make one copy of print materials for private scholarly use; audio materials are streamed and may not be copied.
Librarian Chat is currently unavailable. Please contact us at:
or submit questions online through Ask A Librarian.