Mission & Vision
The Libraries support the mission of the University by providing a vital, information-rich environment central to the education of students, faculty and staff; and to the intellectual, personal, and social growth of our community. In partnership with the University community, the Libraries' staff are committed to the promotion of information and critical thinking skills that are essential to teaching, learning, scholarship, research, creative attainment, and professional training.
To achieve these ends, the Libraries foster academic inquiry, scholarly communication, and life-long learning by collecting, organizing, preserving and disseminating information resources and by providing instruction and guidance in their use.
The University Libraries staff will
- be the community's primary choice for its information needs;
- proactively participate in the University's academic planning and decision making;
- strengthen collaboration with and outreach to faculty, students, staff, and the broader University community to enhance teaching and research; and form appropriate partnerships to further the University's mission;
- enhance collections and intellectual access to those collections to meet the needs of our University community;
- promote research tools, collections, and programs acquired, developed, and sponsored by University Libraries;
- provide an environment that encourages and supports a community of learners.
Librarian Chat is currently unavailable. Please contact us at:
or submit questions online through Ask A Librarian.