The Technical Services Department is comprised of four units that work together to provide user access to library materials of various formats.
Acquisitions Unit –
Cataloging Unit –
- Coordinates the purchase and shipment of materials in all formats to be added to the libraries' collection as recommended by Subject Selectors
- Processes donations of books made to the library
Interlibrary Services Unit –
- Assigns materials to particular subject areas within the collection as dictated by Library of Congress cataloging rules
Serials Unit –
- Obtains books, scores, dissertations, and articles not owned by University Libraries, but from other institutions in accordance with the National Interlibrary Loan Code and as requested by current faculty, staff, and students - See Interlibrary Services
- Handles interlibrary loan requests from other libraries for materials from the University of Hartford collection.
Melanee Van Haelen
Librarian Chat is currently unavailable. Please contact us at:
or submit questions online through Ask A Librarian.