Library Resource and Metadata Services
Library Resource and Metadata Services are comprised of four units that work together to provide user access to library materials of various formats.
Acquisitions Unit – Laurie Haggan
- Coordinates the purchase and shipment of materials in all formats to be added to the libraries' collection as recommended by Subject Selectors
- Processes donations of books made to the library
Cataloging Unit – Cyndi MacCluggage
- Assigns materials to particular subject areas within the collection as dictated by Library of Congress cataloging rules
Interlibrary Services Unit – Christine Bird
- Obtains books, scores, dissertations, and articles not owned by University Libraries, but from other institutions in accordance with the National Interlibrary Loan Code and as requested by current faculty, staff, and students - See Interlibrary Services
- Handles interlibrary loan requests from other libraries for materials from the University of Hartford collection.
Serials Unit – Melanee Van Haelen