The Harrison Libraries consist of the general collections in the Mortensen Library and the music and dance collection in the Allen Library. Both are located in the Harry Jack Gray Center.
The Mortensen Library is the general library at the University of Hartford. It houses all of the library’s collections with the exception of the music and dance collection. The original Mortensen Library was built beginning in 1969 and was expanded as part of the new Harry Jack Gray Center in 1989. In 2017 it was expanded to add more student space and include the Allen Library on the lower level.
The Allen Library houses music and dance materials and supports Hartt School programs. It was founded as the Hartt Library in 1938 and is now located in lower level of Harrison Libraries in the Harry Jack Gray Center.
Archives and Special Collections
Archives contains material related to the history of the University of Hartford and its predecessor schools. The collection includes minutes, memos, correspondence, photographs, and memorabilia. Special Collections holds a number of special collections of material produced by members of the University community including Atwood Collins, Edward Diemente, Arnold Franchetti, Edith Dale Monson, Elemer Nagy, Moshe Paranov, and Alan Smith Wilson.
Biology Chemistry Building
Call the Chemistry Department at 860.768.4531 for hours and information.
Career Services Library is part of the Office for Career Services located in Gengras Student Union (GSU 309). All materials may be used in the library during office hours. Some material may be charged for up to 2 weeks with a valid University ID or Alumni Card.
Hartt Performance Library
The Hartt Performance Library located on the third floor of The Hartt School, houses scores and parts for Hartt's large ensembles. The Performance Library also maintains a collection of instruments available to Hartt faculty and students for classes, practice, rehearsals, and performances. They may be contacted at 860.768.4464 and are located Fuller Music Building, Rm. 344.