|Creator||Dates of Collection||Linear Feet|
|Early founders & administrators
of the University
The University of Hartford grew out of the merger in 1957 of three smaller institutions: Hillyer College, Hartt School of Music and Hartford Art School. In March 1958, a three-ton anchor from the USS Hartford arrived at the University's new campus.
Scope & Content
This collection documents the early history of the University predecessor, Hillyer Collection. It contains minutes, correspondence, photographs, memos, and many of the original legal founding documents. Of particular interest are several oral histories.
Using the Collection
Contact the University Achivist at 860.768.4143 for more information about this collection.